cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to install BEWS 12.5 SP3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Guys,

Busy rolling out BEWS 12.5 SP3, and have done so successfully on about 85% of my servers. However, I keep getting errors on some of them. The error is as follows:

Upgrade terminated unexpectedly. Please see installation log for details

I have checked McAfee, and run the installation with the live scan enabled and disabled, and I get the error above. Disk space isn't an issue.
I checked the Symantec website and came up with nothing...

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

hemant_chugh
Level 3
Certified
 Hi Craig,

Could you please upload some errors that you would get under log file which is created under documents & settings > all users > application data > Symantec.

Well log files can tell us why is the installation failing and we can  get something to look from there.

You can  refer to link given below  for manual un-installation of BEWS.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287320.htm

Remove BEWS all folders created and remove SQL  installation and all related components from add remove program.

Well in advance i would  recommend you to install sql express 2005 manually and then try  the installation of BEWS 12.5 and see if it completes successfully or not. Ensure dotnet framework  2.0 is installed.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I believe that you have successfully installed SP3 on the Media Servers and you are not able to upgrade some of the remote servers.

We can perform a Local OR Silent Install of the remote agent

For 32-bit remote agents
1  : Go to Prog. files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents folder
2  : Copy 2 folders on the remote server in a seperate folder, namely : RAWS32 and MSXML
3  : Open command prompt on the remote server and navigate to RAWS32 and run setupaa.cmd
4  : Example D\Agent\RAWS32\>setupaa.cmd

For 64-bit remote agent
1  : Go to Prog. files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents folder
2  :  Copy 2 folders on the remote server in a seperate folder, namely : RAWSx64 and MSXML
3  : Open command prompt on the remote server and navigate to RAWS32 and run setupaa64.cmd
4  : Example D\Agent\RAWSx64\>setupaa64.cmd

No need of a reboot...

Hope this helps...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

I have successfully upgraded SP3 on some servers, but not all of them.
This isn't a RAWS installation issue, as it is a stand-alone server.

Hemant: Thanks for the log location...I will check this out and let you know.

THanks!