cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error writing alternate data stream

Brian_Nowitzki
Level 2
We lost two RAIDed drives on our fileserver causing us to do a full restore. We replaced the drives, config'd the RAID and did the full restore, but encountered several errors.

We received over 50 instances of the following error (I'm including the lines before and after this example):
Directory \\FILESERVER\D:\...(omit most of path)...\lbarch\gifs
Error writing alternate data stream.
Directory \\FILESERVER\D:\...(omit most of path)...\lbarch\images

Please note that no detailed information was given nor any indication of which file was involved. There are no missing folders between "gifs" and "images" and both folders have dozens of files. However, I have no way of knowing whether ALL the files that should be there are there.

I could find no information in the knowledge base for this error.

Thanks in advance,
1 REPLY 1

Pravs
Level 4
Employee
sorry for replying to such a age old post but I do know copule of folks getting this error.

1. perhaps a good check might be to see the files restored and their size is intact .
2. run a stream utility on the folder being restored. you can download one from sysinternals site. I bet, your Alternate Data Streams were not restored and streams.exe output will prove this.
you may refer this article as well.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/what-you-need-know-about-alternate-data-streams-win...