cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID: 57802

Clyde_Bennett
Level 2
Have read several threads about EventID 57802, internal error (-2147467259) occurred in Object 17, and have not been able to install. Read Documet 275032 and made changes to DCOM permissions; ran regsvr32 on dll's, downloaded latest version, still a no-go.

Environment is Windows Server 2003, no other databases loaded.

Any additonal recommendations would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Has the installation of Backup Exec gone off well? If yes, where do you get this error? Does only the backup exec server service stop or do other services also stop?
Have you tried starting the services using the Local system account? If not, you can try that out.
You had earlier mentioned that you have downloaded the latest version, are you referring to release 5520 for 10.0? In case you have not installed it, you can install it from the following link:

Title: VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 rev. 5520 for Windows Servers Installation Files
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277181

If the problem persists, run the MDAC component checker and check for mismatched dll files. In case you find any mismatched dll's, you can replace them from Microsoft. Here is the link for downloading MDAC component checker:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

Hope this information helps. If the problem persists, do write back to the forum.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Clyde_Bennett
Level 2
Yes, the installation went well. Yes, I tried changing the user to the system account. Yes, I did download and install Version 5520.

I just downloaded the MDAC checker and will run it and let you know what I find out.

Thanks.

Clyde_Bennett
Level 2
I downloaded and ran the MDAC checker and it discovered two files under MDAC 2.8 RTM that were mismatched:

1. ODBCBCP.DLL
2. SQLSRV32.DLL

Both were version 2000.85.1025.0; was expecting 2000.85.1022.

How do I replace these files? I downloaded MDAC 2.8 and installed it but it did not update the files.

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

You can either copy these files from another SQL server (if you have one in your environment) which should have the expected version or you can contact Microsoft for the same.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.