cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exabyte Autoloader 1x7

Jules
Level 2
Good Afternoon,
I have an Exabyte 1x7 auto loader with a VXA2 tape drive. Since Backup Exec 9.0 did not have a driver to support the VXA-2 drive at the time it was set up as a EZ17 with a VXA-1 drive. IN the attempt to make the system see it as a VXA-2 I have lost functionality to the Library. Backup Exec can see the slots, the drive, and the library. But it cannot inventory, clean or load a tape. When I run my VXA2 Tool tape drive test I get the response that "Sense: Not Ready(MEDIUM_NOT_FOUND)". The Backup Exec error I am receiving is "Library Error: invalid element address". I am stuck and help would be greatly appreciated. WIndows 2000 SP4 is the OS.
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

- Have you tried installing the newest Firmware?

- Try shutting off the RSM service from Microsoft.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Are there any event ID's 7,9,11or 15 in the system event log?
- Can you please tell us a bit more about your environment?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information:
How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library or Tape Drive in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255501.htm
================================================
================================================
Let us know if that helped.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.