Level 3

Hi,

Here is the configuration I have

Backup Server

Windows 2008 R2 with Backup Exec 2010 R3

Exchange Server

Windows 2003 R2 witth Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2

I had an issue with a lot of Public Folders and tried to restore them

Folders and items have been restored but for mail items the body was not restore .... I mean in Outlook the body of the recovered mail was not there

Recovering only this item for instance was OK, the body was available

I have more them 20000 items to restore and don't want to do it one by one :)

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You cannot restore individual Public Folders from tape, only disk.

You should be able to get around this by duplicating your backup set to disk, and then restoring from that. If you don't know how, read the article below for help...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Should you really need to restore individual Public Folders, what I would suggest is backing up to disk first, and then running a duplicate job to stream off to tape.

Pg. 1129 in the Admin Guide confirms this...

ngsolutions
Level 3

Sorry I forgot to say that I'm restoring from disk

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
  • Please check if there is any permission issue. Refer above 2 links for the same.

•  

•  

ngsolutions
      Level 3

Hi,

The account used to Backup the Public Folder has Owner permission on the entire folder tree

Cheers

Backup_Exec1
      Level 6
      Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

If you do redirect to pubilc folder does it work if not can you try that & update

Thanks

ngsolutions
      Level 3

Hi,

I tried the redirection but it didn't work

The message is there without the body

Cheers

CraigV
      Partner    VIP    Accredited

@RahulG: know much about plagiarism ...? Give credit where credit is due...those were exactly my words! Check the page below!!!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2010-full-exchange-2003-backup-public-fol...

CraigV

...is your media server fully patched, and have these patches been applied to the remote servers via a push-install?

ngsolutions
      Level 3

No patches have been installed ..... Told you, when only restoring individual items it's working

Cheers

CraigV

...so? Install the latest patches and check the restore again. If it still doesn't work, you've eliminated 1 possible cause and it can be taken further...

ngsolutions
      Level 3

Problem is that I'm in an Infrastructure where the client decide which patch to install or not and it can take to more then 3 months before deciding something ... Thanks anyway :)

I'll redirect the restore to another folder and will see if it is working

Regards