cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003/Veritas 9.1

David_Keffer_Sr
Level 2
I am running Exchange 2003/SP2 and Veritas 9.1. I have 9.1 loaded on a Windows 2000 server. I have been running this configuration for quite a while. All of a sudden the backup server no longer sees the information stores on 1 of my Exchange systems.
I run exchange on a cluster. I have called MS and several weeks ago, they helped me fix it by entering a command.

Control Keymgr.dll

I entered this on the mail server and it brought up a window of cached information.
This is fro a XP system, and shouldn't have any information on a 2003 Svr.
But it did.
I removed the information and all was fine.
Several days ago it happened again, but the command brings up nothing. The backup server can no longer see the the Information stores.
I have tried everything except the thing that works.
I have rebooted all servers.
Loaded the 9.1 on another system to see if I can see the IS from there, it will not.
So I thought the problem would be on the Mail server. I re-opened the case with MS.
We have looked at AD, exchange objects, permissions, account used for backup.
Tried different account. It does not seem to be a permission prob. Several weeks ago when it happened the first time, I could fail the cluster over to the second node, and the 9.1 would see it and back it up fine, so I thought it was the remote agent.
This has been removed and reloaded correctly, but it wil not see the information stores on the first server. I have been told by MS the 9.1 does a LDAP to AD and everything is correct there. I can do a local NTBackup successfully, but I cannot choose the network card to use, and this is twice as slow, 4-5 hours.
Anyone ever had this. Any help would be appreciated very much.
Dave
1 REPLY 1

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

--Is apple talk protocol listed in the registry?

--Please activate the regestry key "Restrict anonymous support" and set it to 1 on both the servers.

--Restart the services on both the servers.

--Also give the IP Address and Name of Media server on Remote server in Host File under etc\drivers. And Vise versa on Media server.

--Restart the services on both the servers.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks.