cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 DAG - Preferred server selection issue

Siraj
Level 3

Hello,

After selecting a database in an Exchange 2010 DAG to be backed up, I'm having trouble selecting the Preferred Servers.  I click on Preferred Servers and select New.  Under Available Servers and Sites, I try to expand my root AD domain and NOTHING happens.  I don't see any servers being listed.  I know this used to work before.  Any ideas ?  I'm using BackupExec 2010 R3.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Siraj
Level 3

Confirming that uninstalling the hotfix allows me to select preferred servers again when backing up Exchange 2010.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi There if it used to work before any changes made by you recently and since then its not working ,what about if you backup the DAG directly and allow backupexec to choose best copy available during the backup does that work? Also ensure you have backupexec fully pathced with 2010 r3 sp2 with updates and ensur remote agent on all mailbox node and case node is fully patched up. Thanks

Siraj
Level 3

Hi,

Backing up the DAG directly works fine.  But, I need to select a preferred server.  Would setting the CAS array to use static RPC ports play in to this issue ?  In the sgmon log, I see this:

errorcode 100054 existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Siraj,

Have you checked the best practices for Exchange around this?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO21796

Thanks!

Siraj
Level 3

Hi,

That link doesn't help answer why I can't select a preferred server when trying to backup Exchange 2010 database in a DAG.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you read up in the Admin Guide around this?

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

Siraj,

Please review the following document, I think you may be running into a known issue.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH185927

Siraj
Level 3

Hi Ben,

Thanks for that link.  I'm not sure I can uninstall the hotfix mentioned in that article since it has some Exchange 2010 specific fixes that we needed in the past.  But, good to know.  Thanks again.

Siraj
Level 3

Confirming that uninstalling the hotfix allows me to select preferred servers again when backing up Exchange 2010.  Thanks.