cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup Error E00002F7 -1011

jaradsc
Level 3

Hi All,

I have recently been recieving the error E00002F7 in Exchange 2003 Backups from Backup Exec 2010 R3.

The full error is, V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-1011 The system is out of memory. '

Looking into this, the article I have seen from Symantec is about excluding AV scans on the temp backup exec directory and this has already been done.

1. The Exchange server reads a successful full backup in mailstore properties

2. This always happens 2 min after the following in the eventvwr, 58063 - Please remove the media from the drive, and Respond OK.

I have searched online but I have been unable to get suficient information about this, the same has happened for the last 3 backups in a row now and no changes have been recorded on the exchange server or the backup server.

Has anyone else come accross this and can they provide any insight?

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

Try removing RAWS from the Exchange server and then repushing it.

Are these GRT backups? Does it occur on both incremental and full? Has the server been rebooted since this started?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

lmosla
Level 6

Hello jaradsc,

Have all of the live updates been installed on the media server and then pushed out to the remote servers?

jaradsc
Level 3

Hello,

I have just checked this / run live-update and the console has advised that all Live Updates are up-to-date with nothing new updating on this run.

The level of data backed up has increased but tapes are still showing suficient space to handel the backup.

Just to note that I do not seem to have menchiond above, this backup has been working for months and only the last 3 runs have this error.

Thanks,

lmosla
Level 6

Try removing RAWS from the Exchange server and then repushing it.

Are these GRT backups? Does it occur on both incremental and full? Has the server been rebooted since this started?

jaradsc
Level 3

I have been working over this and I have ensured that there is more than enough disk space on the exchange server, backup server and that tapes are not been exceeded in space. Additionally there are no memory alerts on the exchange or backup server both during the time this is happening and other times.

jaradsc
Level 3

That is a point that I did not think of, the Exchange Server uptime is just over 12 days so I could get this rebooted tonight.

These are full backups, there are no incrementals running at all. Just a full backup every night.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You may want to have a look at the following document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127758

jaradsc
Level 3

Hi All,

The exchange server was rebooted yesterday and the backup was successful last night.

Looks like something must have been locked or hung up but everything is as it should be now after this reboot.

Thanks for all the help.

jaradsc
Level 3

Thank you for that Donald,

This is something that is worth been aware of so I am glad that you have brought this up.

In this case my EDB / STM totals only 43GB (Exchange 2003) so although an x86 server, finger crossed that this should not be of concern on a database this size.

However this is not the only Exchange server I support so thank you for the link.