cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox individual selections

cyberman
Level 3
I am having backups error out because individual mailbox users that have been deleted from Active Directory / Exchange are still present in the Backup Exec Exchange server selection list. Backup Exec is trying to go out and find these mailboxes and they just don't exist.

Previously, I was able to edit the selection list by drilling down and de-selecting the user / mailbox that I no longer wanted backed up. For some reason now, I do not find that possible. When expanding my Exchange server directory under job properties, I have Microsoft Information Store > First Storage Group > Mailbox Store. It does not allow me to drill down any further than that. I could have sworn I saw in the past a separate sub-directory for Mailboxes, but no longer do.

Can anybody help? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Brann_Mitchell
Level 3
I get this a lot too, but I just ignore it.  You should be able to drill down the selection list, though.  Can you at least edit the text-based selection list?  My only other suggestion would be to check the logon credentials and see if the account you're using has access (and an email address).

Good luck.

cyberman
Level 3
I don't know how it disappeared, but I no longer can see Exchange > Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes in my selection directory. Thus, I can not make any changes to such, in any view (text or otherwise).

I am still a novice, so perhaps I changed a setting to make it go away. Can anybody tell me how to get it back so that I may access it and make changes to individual mailboxes?  It appears as though I am still backing up the individual boxes.

Thanks

Message Edited by cyberman on 02-04-2008 12:30 PM

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
With BE11d you no longer need to select individual mailboxes for backup with the Granular Restore option available for Exchange.  You can re-enable this option in the Exchange backups by checking the box for "Enable Legacy..."

If you have the Granular Restore option enabled you can not make changes to the selection as it just backs up the entire store then enumerates it to allow for Individual mailbox restores.

cyberman
Level 3
Thanks.

Just so I understand correctly, the only way then to keep backup from returning an error completion is to activate the Legacy, and then be able to de-select the mailbox?