cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange agent & AOFO

Sam_Gooble
Level 4
Does anyone know if Advanced open file option is supported with Exchange Server 2000? Also, Advanced disk based backup option with Exch. 2000?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Sam
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

It is recommended not to use AOFO with Exchange. You can use the Exchange agent for backups.

You can use Adavnced disk based option with Exchange.

Please refer to the admin handbook for more detalis.
(title) VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English
http://support.veritas.com/docs/269777
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sam_Gooble
Level 4
I dont know if you assumed Exchange 2003. I dont see you mentioning the version in your response.

I have already read the admin documentation. It doesnt seem to give a clear idea for Exchange 2000.

Please read my question. I need to know if we can use Advacnced disk backup option with Exchange 2000? And is it supported by Veritas?

Thanks
Sam

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response. Please let us know if your issue still persists. If yes, please refer the answer mentioned below. If not, we will mark this case as ‘assumed answered’ and move it to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Offhost backup supports Exchange Server 2003 (Service Pack 1) database backups by the Backup
Exec Agent for Exchange Server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.