cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange brick-level backup fails.

Daniel_Schonlau
Level 2
For quite some time my weekly brick level backup for Exchange has been failing. It gets about 90% of the way, and then seems to get stuck on petty little items like corrupt attachments or calendar entries. I thought that Backup Exec would try a few times and then continue to the next item. But not in this case. The backup continues to hang on that item until infinity. I've left a backup of a 30GB information store continue for days, but after the first few hours, they bytes just stop going up. I eventually have to cancel the job.

I've also done full offline maintenance with integrity check and a defrag of the information store, all to no avail.

Can someone help?
3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Schonlau
Level 2
Things like this is is getting stuck on:

WARNING: "\\UKEX01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Adam Clarke Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresŒ〰〰Delivery Status Notification (Delay)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Daniel_Schonlau
Level 2
Or

Directory not found. Can not backup directory Gary Jen and its subdirectories.
WARNING: "\\UKEX01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Paul Dendle Top of Information StoreCalendarŒ〰〰〰〰〰Invitation: AS/400 Migration pre-meeting Jon Calton & Paul Dendle (7 Nov 08:00 GMT)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Database or database element is corrupt
Directory not found. Can not backup directory Paul Greco and its subdirectories.
The media operation was terminated by the user.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

Could you let us know if the items that cannot be backed up are corrupt? Is an antivirus scanner running during the backups?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255047

* Are the mails that are marked as corrupt quarantined by a virus scanner?

* Please ensure that the Mails or the mail attachments are not corrupt

* Do these Corrupt items have very long subject lines?

* Very long attachments or attachment names?

* Could you try running a backup of mailboxeswith the anti-virus software services stopped?

- Also, please check out the following Document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/261457