cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange mailbox backup- corrupt file error

Tushar_Mehta
Level 2
We use Veritas 9.1 on Wundows 2003 with Exch 2003. Myexchange backup job always finish with hunderds of following error-

WARNING : \\MAIL\Microsoft exchange mailboxes\tushar . Top of Information Store.Inbox. ~~~~~ ALL CHINESE AND JAPANISE CHARACTERS ~~~~~ Delivery Status Notification ( Delay ) " is a corrupt file.

In there any solution to fix this ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

This error may be caused due to the foll reasons:

1) Anti-virus software accessing the Information Store at the same time as the backup, i.e. using the same Messaging API as Backup Exec does.(It is then recommended to stop Anti-virus software services when backing up the mailboxes).

(2) Multiple levels of embedded mail messages (a message attached to a message attached to a message etc.)(remove message)

(3) Automated system messages (undeliverable, over size limit etc.)(remove message).

(4) The message / attachment is really corrupt (can't open, view or execute)(remove message).

(5) Virus infected Information store (clean for virus).

(6) Very long subject lines (remove message).

(7) Very long attachment names (remove message).

(8) Very large attachments (might give out of resource like errors)(remove message).

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Robert_Koss
Level 4
I am getting the same message on some of my emails. I am using Symantec Corporation 10.0.0.359 on NT 2003 with Exchange 2003. Can you tell me what services I need to stop and if I need to stop the auto-protect and how to do that and restart it.

Thanks for your help.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello Robert,

We request you to elaborate the issue.
the services that you have mentioned are these backup exec services?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.