cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange2003 log files not flushing

Mark_Schlueter
Not applicable
Backing up using Full with commited log files flushed, all mailboxes and public stores selected, MS Information Store not selected. The old logs in mdbdata directory are not being removed. What can be done to fix this?

thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
The transaction logs are flushed only when the backup of the entire Information Store(IS) is done.Logs are flushed when the following types of backup are done on the IS.
1)Full - Database & Logs -(Flush committed logs).
2)Incremental- Logs -(Flush committed logs).

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

eric_elliott_2
Level 3
Did you not get a response/solution to this? I'm having the same issue: Full job-flush committed log files, but BUE is not flushing the logs...

eric_elliott_2
Level 3
My job has the IS selected for backup as well as a separate selection for the mdbdata folder but the log files remain. This seems to be an issue with v10.x ??

Robert_Schmidt_
Level 6
Hi again Eric.

- as in the other post, make sure you are NOT using AOFO for your IS backup.

eric_elliott_2
Level 3
AOFO is not selected. However the checkbox for "Process logical volumes for backup one at a time" is checked AND grayed-out so I cannot turn that setting off (as I believe is recommended).