cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude mp3 files

Level 2
Is there an area in BKExec that I can go to, to put in a global exlusion to not backing up mp3 files?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
If it is a recurring job, simply go to the job properties screen and use Advanced File Selection to exclude *.mp3 files.

You can use wild cards to exclude the mp3 files from all directories (for instance, you don't know what sub directories they may be in on each computer. In this case you would use the ** wild card and it will exclude all *.mp3 files regardless of the where it finds them.

If you do not use the ** wild card, you have to specify the exact directory they reside in.

Refer to help on Advanced File Selection and it will give examples. Just be sure to set the AFS to Exclude when you enter *.mp3 files because it defaults to Include. :)

Level 2
I just found out the "Excludes" job list. Can that be use to put in a global exclusion list? I have a couple recurring jobs, and don't want to make change to many individual jobs.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yes. Just be aware that anything in the Excludes list is NEVER backed up.

I once almost burned myself but good. To get rid of the errors on my nightly backups, I excluded all SQL database file types. Worked great too

Then I went to change the sizes of the disks in my RAID array, and shut all my software (including SQL) down, did a full backup and was just about to shut down the server, when I decided to check the back log. No SQL Files!Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Refer following link to check how to create Global Exclusion list.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/264628

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Answered the basic question.