cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exec 10 Firewall Ports

Paul_Poltorak
Level 2
Hi,

i want that BE 10 use one Port for the complete communicatiion, because i have more then 10 pcs in the DMZ and for all i have to make firewall rules.

Can i make this?
I found the Document ID 255174 but BE use for the first communication the given Port, then it want use other, the result is the error that it cant communicate with the client.

Is there a posibility to have one Port that BE use.

(sorry for the bad english!)
2 REPLIES 2

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

Usually the port used by ndmp is 10,000 and remote agent uses this port. But the port which is open on the Backup server is defined when you open the dynamic port range in Backup Exec - Tools - Network - Dynamic port range for Media Server and Remote Server. Any port that is found free within this specified range will be opened to communicate with a remote server interface. So that will not be a cause of concern even if you have multiple remote servers to be backed up using one backup server.

Please write to us if you have further queries.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Paul_Poltorak
Level 2
Thank you,

i have done.

I open Ports from 9000-9004, the ndmp have the 9000 and the Portrange ist 9001-9004 and it works fine.