cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exec 8.5 on Win2000 SBS - Problem with backup confirmation

Graham_Thompson
Level 2
I recently had to deal with a major server crash and had to re-install Veritas Exec 8.5, all went better than expected! However, since the re-installation I can no longer either schedule a backup nor manually implement one without having to hit a confirmation button.

It's ok when manually doing it but no so great when it is set for 6pm and I have left at 5pm!! It stays in the same place until you have confirmed the backup to begin!!

Now, obviously it must be a setting I have/have not changed when re-installing the software, but for the hell-of-me I can't seem to see where it is!!

If anyone can shed some light on this problem, then I would be eternally grateful!!!

G
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What is the text of the Confirmation Prompt?

is it something about overwriting Imported Media?

if so, find the latest copy of the old ..\Catalogs Directory and restore all the U01 files to the new ..\Catalogs Directory

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272886.htm to force BackupExec to re-index the catalog, and all you old taps should show up. You may still have to move each nights tapes manually to the scratch media set until they have all cycled through one time.

Graham_Thompson
Level 2
Hi

Thank you for your response. Sorry its been awhile.

I have replaced the file but it still continues with the prompt, which is:

'Do you want to overwrite labeled media - *date*'

I'm getting to think its going to be the way we have setup the backup rather than any install setting.

I would be grateful of any further assistance.

Regards

Graham