cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra backslash error

Scott_Conaway
Level 3
I never had this error prior to upgrading to 11d, every job finished successfully.  As soon as I upgraded from 10d to 11d I began to get this error on both systems:

"V-79-57344-851 - The path for this database is invalid because it contains extra backslash characters.  You must remove the extra backslash characters before the database can be backed up."

I am still able to backup the DB's and can restore from them I just want this error to go away.  Nothing was done to the databases prior to or during the upgrade.  I contacted my tech support guy and he said to go to the knowledge base and there are some 10d patches out there and to apply those.  Well, those will not go on because it tells me it cannot detect version 10d.  So I am stuck.

Anyone else see this error?

Thanks,
Scott

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
I had the same error backing up SharePoint Services 2.0.  When I checked the databases they did in fact have an extra backslash.  Previous versions of BackupExec ignored the extra backslash

Scott_Conaway
Level 3
Glad I'm not the only one.  So do I just need to go into SQL and make changes there and do nothing to BE 11d?

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
I had to unattach the reattach the database to correct the problem.