cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe00094a1 - The evaluation period for Backup Exec or for an agent or option cannot be validated.

Icem
Level 3

Hi,

All of a sudden our BackupExec 2010 install running on 2008 server has stopped working, the error code we get is:

Final error: 0xe00094a1 - The evaluation period for Backup Exec or for an agent or option cannot be validated. You must enter a license key to continue. Final error category: Job Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38049

Symantec support have effectively said our key *should not expire and that they can do nothing further for us as we don't have support aka we are stuffed, pay some cash.

I found this link and tried the solution to no avail:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH187499

Our licenses all appear to be working correctly:
http://i46.tinypic.com/21lionn.jpg

any help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you backup any specific application like SQL or Exchange? Try below steps 

1) Make a note of all the license keys(16 digit number)

2) Remove all the license keys (make sure the services are getting recycled while unistalling keys)

3) Re-enter all the license keys( again make sure the services are getting recycled)

Note: Make sure BE is patched with all the latest updates.

Icem
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, not sure what you mean by the services getting recycled while uninstalling, however, I did remove the keys, backupexec reverted to trial mode and it works fine, which surely in my mind points to the issue being with the license?.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

By recycled i meant stopping and starting of BE services.

Icem
Level 3

thanks for your help, unfortuntely this would appear to be an issue with the license, and as Symantec wouldn't give us any support, as such it cannot be fixed other than to purchase another license.