cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe000fedd - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Ahmed_Kazem
Level 2
Hi

I'm using symantec backup exec 10D installed on ProLiant DL380 G4 with Windows 2003 R2, the ditalis for this configuration is:

HP ProLiant DL380 G4 with tabe drive HP Storage Works Ultrium 232 Tape Drive

Symantec Backup Exec 10D with all updates until 27/8/2006

the problem is when i try to collect all shadow copy componants for all my servers the backup fail and i got this message Final error: 0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.

while when i uncheck the local shadow copy components for Backup exec it self i can backup all the other servers SQL, Exchange and shadow copy components successfully.

I'm not using advanced open file option.

when i try to backup local server shadow copy components separately i got this message Final error: 0xe000fedd - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

I confirm that i can successfully back system state data with NT backup for all of my servers.

So would you please help me?

Thanks,
Ahmed
9 REPLIES 9

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Check the following technote

(title) The Error " V-79-57344-65245 - A Failure occurred accessing the object list" occurs during a Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) backup

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280671

Thanks

Ahmed_Kazem
Level 2
Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy Service update package patch is not installable with R2 version, while DFS is not installed in this server

Thanks

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/284211

Thanks!

Ahmed_Kazem
Level 2
Dear all

Thanks a lot for trying to help me.

I've discovered that this problem appear only if you are running Symantec backup exec 10D with windows 2003 R2, the problem is that when trying to backup shadow copy components of the local server (which is the server running backup exec) if file server resource management is installed on this server.

so I modified the backup policy as in pre/post commands i wrote the following commands:

Pre-command = net stop "SrmSvc" /Y
Post-command = net start "SrmSvc"

By following this modification I successfully made the backup

Thanks a lot for your help
Ahmed Kazem

Tyrren_Yates
Not applicable
Way to go, Ahmed. I don't know how many hours I have searched to try to find a resolution to this very issue. Nice work around.

Is the problem, then, that Symantec still has to work out an update to fix this and make it work with FSRM? Are they going to inform us in some way when there is an update?

Tyrren

RiversideKid
Level 3
I'm considering an upgrade to Backup Exec version 11. Is this problem resolved in version 11???

Tim_Wiser
Level 3
I've just worked this one out myself after tearing my hair out over it. The only difference is that I used the quicker SC STOP SRMSRV command rather than NET STOP.
Nice to know that it's the "recommended" solution. I only wish I'd found this a few weeks ago!!

I can confirm that this is STILL a problem with BackupExec 11d with all patches installed.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Windows 2003 R2 and DFS is a problem with BE.
The performance problems and other problems are listed at http://www.backupexecfaq.com/faq/problems/dfs-backup-and-performance-issues.html

PaulMei
Level 2

Luckily I figured out this issue pretty quick, it looked like it was going to be a multiday nightmare. Same problem exists on a 2008 server running Backup Exec 12 ver 1364.