cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Backup Error

Bill_Lupo
Level 3
Hi

I have Version 9.0 build 4454 on Windows 2003 Server. I have a LTO DLT robotic library.

Everything was great until recently. My weekend backup job that runs for nearly 1 full day fails at about 290 gigs.
The status shows "Canceled". All my other backup jobs complete and I am able to retore from them. I can't tell from the logs where the problem is.

Any known issues with backing up over this time period or data size?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

what is the exact error message in job log? You can check the job log by doubleclicking on the concerened job in Job Monitor.

Are you backing up any databases?

Try splitting the job for test purpose and check if it works!

You can also upgrade free of cost to v9.1:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264658.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Bill_Lupo
Level 3
When I double click on the job to view the log I get an error:
"One or more errors were encountered converting the job log into a web page for display. The job log will be displayed in text format."

Looking at the log in text format it appears incomplete. There are only 2 errors concerning corrupt files. Two .pst files that someone has placed one the network. I'll skip those in the next backup.

There are no databases in this backup job. That's a different job.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Bill,

Do check if any active alerts are seen in Backup Exec when the job gets cancelled. Have you configured the job to run only in a certain time window. There is an automatic cancellation feature for jobs in Backup Exec. e.g. you might want a backup to get cancelled if it runs for more than 8 hours.
Are you using the Advanced Open File Option in Backup Exec? The problem with job logs being displayed in text format occurs when the job log file is too long. In Backup Exec menu select under Tools > Options > Job Log. Check if the option to "display all files, folders,directories processed" is selected for the job log. You can take "Summary Info only" and check if the job log of the failed backup then gets displayed in HTML format.

Do let us know how the backup ran. The upgrade to 9.1 is recommended :D

Have a nice day!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bill_Lupo
Level 3
I don't see any alerts when the job gets canceled and there is no time window specified.

I divided the backup jog into 3 different jobs and it completed properly. Seems strange but I'll work with this setup.

Thanks