cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP DAT 72 USB Drive + Backup Exec 9.1

David_Walley
Level 2
I am aware from previous postings on the forum with regard to Backup Exec 9.1 not supporting USB tape drives. However I would like to know if a driver will be available in the future as there seems to be a demand for this ??
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I doubt that support for USB tape drives will be made available for v9.1. It is available in v10, so get out the corporate checkbook ;)

David_Walley
Level 2
If possible I would like a Veritas / Symantic employee to answer this question with an official response. It does seem that a lot of people are having this issue and the only solution so far is to upgrade which is an expensive solution as you will also have to upgrade all of the agents also.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

USB tape drives are currently not supported with Backup Exec 9.1.

If they are supported in the future, the Hardware Compatibility List will get updated as well.

The HCL:

Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers (tm) 9.x (9.0, 9.1) Hardware Compatibility List. Includes HCL information for supported drives, libraries, virtual tape devices, fibre-channel HBAs, switches, routers/bridges, and iSCSI components. For printing purposes, the latest version of Acrobat is recommended.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282347

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

David_Walley
Level 2
I know that they are not supported at the moment and that if they are they will appear on the HCL but what I would like to know is, will Veritas / Symantic be adding the support in the future. A more direct answer is what I'm looking for not a dance around the question.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that as we have replied earlier "USB tape drives are currently not supported with Backup Exec 9.1".

Yet, there is no update about it's support with BE v9.1.

however, You may launch a product enhancement request using the following link:

You may also subscribe to our Email Notification Service for latest updates and new releases:

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.