cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! Sony-Lib162 Shutter locked by scsi

albert_choua
Level 4
There is no way to open the library door.
Error message is SHUTTER LOCKED BY SCSI.
I tried to unlock the library from Backup Exec, it keeps stand on Job monitor list with " READY" even I reboot or shut down the server.
I already upgrade Backp Exec to SP3. Can some one tell me how to make the library door opened?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Since when does the problem occur? Do you have a shared storage environment?

If yes, refer to the following technote:

Autoloader Door does not unlock in a Shared Storage Environment during an Import or Export operation
http://support.veritas.com/docs/191195

You can additionally check the hardware documentation or contact the hardware vendor if the issue seems to be hardware related.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

albert_choua
Level 4
It's a simple media backup server.
How much free space should C drive have? We also have error message from catalog, it said there is not enough free space to run catalog.

albert_choua
Level 4
I turned off the server and inserted a new tape into the library then restarted the server yesterday. Backup Exec recognizes the new bar code number but the media label number stills no change. I ran INVENTORY but same thing happened, INVENTORY job keeps stand on Job monitor list with “ READY “ status until now.

So please help me make UNLOCKED and INVENTORY commands work. I think both of them are one problem.

albert_choua
Level 4
Any one have any idea how to make Backup Exec replace a new tape and know it ia a new tape?
I still can not unlock the library door and inventory the tape.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Place the tape device in secure mode, the following steps need to be carried out:
1. Select Device Management Tab
2. Select the Tape Device under Changers
3. Right click on the Tape Device and select Lock
If you are using veritas tape drivers, please use OEM drivers and check the results.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.