cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Veritas/Symantec - FIX THIS !!

dfosbenner
Level 4
As described in Doc ID 277418 - "The Backup Exec 10.0 for Windows Servers rev. 5520 Remote Administrator fails to display a list of servers in the drop down list when attempting to connect to remote Backup Exec 10.0 servers."

THIS ISSUE IS A MAJOR HASSLE!! We have multiple media servers and multiple admins that connect to them. It's been several months and still not fixed. I spent over THREE HOURS over the last 3 days with your tech support putting me through all kinds ot procedures until they discovered it's a KNOWN ISSUE. FIX IT PLEASE!! It's ridiculous that it's been broken this long. VERY POOR !!
2 REPLIES 2

Ross_Smith_2
Level 4
Count yourself lucky, Veritas won't even acknowledge half the issues I've found with BackupExec. At least if it's got a Doc ID they're aware of it & there will probably be a fix sometime...

I'm less than impressed with the quality of BackupExec.

dfosbenner
Level 4
I'm starting to see that. Years ago I used to use ArcServe, it was very buggy, and when I had a disaster, their tech support was horrendous. I gave up and switched to Veritas. They were a newer company, and seemed a little hungrier and eager to put forth a good product. That was then, this is now.