cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight Selection Details to copy to Notepad or Excel

Wayne_Maranduik
Level 4

I posted a question earlier about capturing the job selection for a report and someone mentioned that you can highlight the text version of the selection details in the Selection List Name Properties...no matter what key combination I try, I cannot highlight multiple lines of text and copy them to another application (Notepad, Excel)...can this be done??????

quick responses needed!!!

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Wayne,

To query the Backup Exec Database (BEDB) and to export the backup selection lists to an external Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet, perform the following steps:

1) Confirm that Microsoft Office Excel is installed on the media server.
2) Open the Excel application.
3) Click on the Data Menu.
4) Click on "from other sources"  then select "From SQL Server".  The Data Connection Wizard then opens up.
5) Enter the server name: BackupExecMediaServerName\BKUPEXEC
6) Select the log on credentials to "Use Windows Authentication" and click "Next".
7) Select the BEDB database.
8) Check the option "connect to a specific table".
9) Select the following view: "vwScriptPropertiesBackup".
10) Click finish on the "Save data connection file and finish" Window.
11) Click OK in the "import data" window.  This opens the Excel sheet with all the details.  "ScriptName" list the names of all the jobs including backup jobs.
14) The ScriptName column can be sorted by the DeviceSelectionName, PathName and FileName to list the selection details for folders and file level detail.

Note:  Excel must have access to SQL Database ODBC Driversfor the procedure above to be successful.  These steps also only access the database as read-only, hence the database is not changed or altered in any way.

This is taken from the following post:

Thanks,
-Sush...

Twinkle
Level 4

Kindly refer the command to export the selection in text format .

bemcmd -o506 -j"JOB_NAME" -f"OUTPUT_FILENAME"