cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete an exchange account without upsetting backup exec?

Alan_Terrill
Level 3
   I'm using backup exec 11d ver 7170 and hotfix 5, but after deleting a user account yesterday, I'm now getting the error message 'access is denied to directory username'.   Now I know the name no longer exists, but how do I tell backup exec to ignore this name in future? The setup of the backup just has a single tick box for Microsoft Information Store -I can't select or deselect individual accounts. I removed the account by going into active directory and righ clicking the unwanted account name and deleting it. Should I be doing this some other way? As people are leaving all the time, I don't want error message every time I remove an account. The error points me to doc 286144 but this only tells me what caused the eror, not how to resolve it.
3 REPLIES 3

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
You need to go into Exchange system manager, right click on the mailbox, and do purge.  That should eliminate Backup Exec from seeing it and failing on it.

Alan_Terrill
Level 3
   Thanks - that worked.

Alan

Mark_H
Level 2
Please don't tell me that BE is still too {Editted For Content} stupid to figure out that an account has been deleted, but for easy recovery purposes we all like to keep them around for a few weeks or so.

I figured that after version 9 they would have smartened up already and made it skip those mailboxes.  My backups of Exchange using HP Data protector don't care if they are in a deleted state...

Mod Note: Please do not use any profanities in the the forums. For guidlines please see the Discussion Forums Terms and Conditions.

Thank you.

Message Edited by John_B on 05-31-2007 10:33 AM