cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ''Run catalog job on all media that are needed for the backup or restore job'

simcts
Level 2

Hi Backup Exec forum,

I'm running BE 2010 R3. Media Server is verion 13.0 Rev 5204. I am running into this issue http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH150111 and I'd like to go ahead with solution 2.

However I am not sure what the last step means:

"Run catalog job on all media that are needed for the backup or restore job."

Should I go into 'Media / Online Media', select all media, right click and choose 'Catalog Media' ??

Thank for your help

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

You can either select specific media or multiple media (cntl click to highlight the media) and then right click and choose catalog the media.

simcts
Level 2

Thank you Ismola.

DO you know how long is operation per Media?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Nobody can tell you this because it depends on the amount of data to be cataloged

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have the job log from the original backup then it will tell you which media might be needed.

Also in theory once you start cataloging one of the peices of media unless you have changed the default settings, Backup Exec should attempt to mount any others during the catalog job (which will then error if those media are not available in a library  and inventoried) This behaviour of finding all the media for a catalog, does depend on the current setting of "Request all media in the sequence for catalog operations" located in the Catalog section of the overall server setting.