cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend BE queue time window longer than 24 hours?

LandofOz
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Has anyone found a way to either extend the start time window to be greater than 24 hours, or to disable to the start time window functionality entirely?

Why would you want to?  Imagine you have a number of jobs that backup to disk starting Friday night and that will run into the weekend.  Imagine that you want to have Duplicate Backup Set jobs for each of those, to write to removable media (tape in this case, but the same problem occurs with removable disk).  You know that there's no way all those jobs can complete (or even all get started) in 24 hours, due to size of jobs and the fact that only one job can write to tape at a time, effectively single-threading the job stream.  I had thought that using linked jobs for the Duplicate Backup Sets (where the job is fired by rule rather than by time) would eliminate that 24 time window checking, but BE is still failing the jobs with a "missed window" error.

It would be nice to be able to tell BE, "I want all these jobs to stay in queue until they complete.  Really.  I know what I'm doing, just trust me and do what I tell you."

Anybody solved this one before?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Dan_Larson
Level 2
Partner Certified

this sure would be a nice feature to have.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You can't do this in the current version, however BE 2012 completely changes the way you schedule jobs so once it becomes available next year will probably be a better fit for your requirements.