cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage Autoloader to prevent a security has been compromised alert

Roger_Manich
Level 3
Hi

We have Veritas 10 with HP autoloader storageworks 1/8 with LTO2 tecnology. It's not best device but it makes a good job.

Every monday we send a LTO Cartridge outside to prevent losing copy in case our company had been burnt. I usually make an unlock from Veritas, export from Veritas (then when Veritas tell me i make an export from Device by selecting export option. That device can not make export automatically from Veritas). At the end i make a lock.

Each time i make this operation i receive an alert "Security has been compromised". What is the best way to do that?

--
Roger
2 REPLIES 2

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

This is only an informational alert and should not cause the backup job to fail. Within the configuration of autoloaders it is possible to place the drive in secure mode.
This means that the drive can be protected from use, for example so that only certain users are able to access it. This can cause issues when the Backup Exec Administrator is not a specified user.
In order to resolve this issue the hardware manufacturer should be contacted to explain how to remove the secure mode or how to configure it correctly.

Also please see the foll technotes:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271478
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271482

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Roger_Manich
Level 3
I follow your reply but that warning goes on appear in my log each time i make an import/export operation.

1 -. First of all I need to Unlock autoloader
2 -. Select Import media from BackupExec
3 -. When BackupExec show dialog I import cartridge manually from my Autoloader.
4 -. I accept Dialog

Operation in Autoloader finish succesfully. Operation in BackUpEXec Finish Succesfully after a while.

After a few time later appear this message. It's only a warning but in fact it's an important securiry message. What is wrong?