cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hung Job Notifications

AC_JimC
Not applicable
Windows 2003 Server, BE 11d
Single Daily backup job with notifications set up for most failures.

Situation:   Had a restore job running that was forgotten. The restore hung and nobody saw we didn't get a backup for 6 days. Other issues with this but that's another day. The "Daily" job is set to cancel itself after 8 hours. The one off restore had not been set that way.

Since the restore was running for 6 days the "Daily" job never kicked off. We were never alerted that the "Daily" never ran as it was in the queue. The Alert setting we have to cancel a job after 4 hours if there is no tape ALSO did not fit the criteria.

This situation seems to miss all of the settings I'm aware of. Yes, withing the restore job it could have been set to cancel the job. What I'm interested in is a preset global Alert Notification that will cancel a job of any type after x hours or notify us after x hours. Is ther e a way to set a notification if a job does not kick off during a certain time window? I'm looking for something to be set once and forget it. I don't want to configure this each time a restore is run. Help!
0 REPLIES 0