cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V backup stuck on vsv file.

pels
Level 3

I had the same issue twice on my hyper-v backups now.  It seems like it freezes on CA servers, but i can't see what relevance that have when it do snapshots.

Im backing up from a CSV cluster with win 2008 R2 servers.

Do anyone have any idea what to do? or had the same experience? 

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

At the time of Freeze please look for the events in event viewer on Hyperv Host server & also the guest machine event viewer to see related error during that time which shoud help you to find information and root cause

Thanks

pels
Level 3

seems like the remote agant on the host has crashed.

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 14.0.1798.0, time stamp: 0x4f1e02d7
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000730025
Faulting process id: 0x1eec
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd605f55cd2796
Faulting application path: C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\BACKUP EXEC\RAWS\beremote.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 1d788cb1-d1cc-11e1-b4f7-441ea152c18c

But why?

pels
Level 3

For the record this is backups from a clustered hyper-v environment with win 2008 Ent Core as hosts. 

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Ensure BE 2012 is installed with sp1a & one update after it , Also as beremote is crashing see on the host check if beremote dump is created in C -program file -symantec -backupexec -bedbg if yes you can open the Support case with Symantec for further evaluation

Thanks

pels
Level 3

The agent is up to date.  And we was recommended to not installed the latest public fix released by one of your 4th level technicans due to issues with maintence jobs forcing our storage to go offline..

So our version is SP1a.

it has created a be dump.  I also have a working case with symantec support, but they are incredible slow.

pels
Level 3

Seriously. there are something really bad about your support. Over the time ive been in contact with support several times.  First of all they do not read the case, 2nd they only call to confirm that they have understood the case, then escalate the case, and we need to wait for another min 4 hours. 

Callback does almost never work, engineers go offline without redispatching the cases.

So far be2012 had heaps of various issues, this product can not have been tested good enough.  SP1 clearly states that also, when it caused the beengine to stop.

Never been this frustrated on behalf of a backup product ever.

pels
Level 3

Ok. after the third try same thing happens again. It happens on around 3 tb of data, and it seems like it becomes stuck after a certein number of backed up vms.

Do anyone have any success backing up large pools with be2010?  Over 5 TB with vms?

im using MS vss provider.