Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper-V question

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Hyper-V,

Our BE 2010 has backup our Hyper-v servers untill now without any problem, yesterday the same job has faild, the only thing has been changed on the Hyper-V server is that we export an VM server that has a snapshot from other server to this server, the error says:

error: 0xe0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

The Hyper-V server and BE media server are both on the same server.

I try to create a new job to see if there is an issue issue with the old job, but when I go to the Hyper-v and click there I cannot see any of our VM servers, our BE was a trail version untill 2 days ago and we bought the licence for the BE itself, we also bought the Agent for Hyper-V but we get it next week.

Is it possible that the Hyper-V agant has expired? I dont remeber exactly how long we had left from the trail version on the Hyper-V agent, is there a way to check and see if the hyper-V Agent has expired or not?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Open Backup Exec console.

Go to HELP >>  ABOUT... a new window will open

Click on License Information

This will show if the Hyper-V agent license has expired or not.

I suspect you are facing the issue due to the same reason that the agent is expired.

Ones you get the new liocense key just install that and it will be re-activated.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Open Backup Exec console.

Go to HELP >>  ABOUT... a new window will open

Click on License Information

This will show if the Hyper-V agent license has expired or not.

I suspect you are facing the issue due to the same reason that the agent is expired.

Ones you get the new liocense key just install that and it will be re-activated.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi Sush,

Thanks for your replay,

problem has been solved, as I siad I did use our new license for the BE and when we did install it I think we didnt select the Htper-V agent under the Trial option, so I did run the License wizard and this time I went to the trial Agents and sow that Hyper-V is not selected I did select it and finished the Wizard and now when I go to the job and under Hyper-V section I can see the VM servers.

your information was also usefull in that location I can see exectlly how long is left for any agent.

Any way thanks for your help.