Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR preparation wizard doesnt pop out

towwei_lim
Level 3
Partner
hi all,

i wonder has anybody encountered this problem before. i've installed backup exec 10 on a rather old windows 2000 server. PII with 128ram to be exact.

when i opened up BE10 for the very 1st time, the initial setup wizard popped out and same goes to the IDR wizard

however, after that initial IDR wizard, i was unable to initiate IDR wizard from "tools-wizards-intelligent disaster recovery preparation wizard".

every time i tried to open IDR wizard from "tools-wizards-intelligent disaster recovery preparation wizard", i can see activities on the hard disk but the wizard never manage to pop out. i have patched the windows 2000 with SP4, apply latest patches and apply BE10 SP1. nothing seems to help.

could it be the low memory capacity that is causing the problem?

thanks for any input in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

In order to run the IDR preparation wizard, run a full backup of the entire server. After the full backup is completed, you will get a .DR file genrated and updated with the latest information for you disaster recovery.

After doing this, perform the IDR preparation wizard and verify the results.

Please update us on the issue so that If the issue still persists we can troubleshoot the issue further.

If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be presumed to be answered and will be marked as assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Low memory could be a problem - BE 10 requires 256mb to work properly.

Also check the Remote registry service is running on the server.