cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental backups fail with 00000000 HEX and no details

Tames_McTigue
Level 3
I'm trying to figure out why our incremental backups are failing. The Full backups are completing just fine. When I look at the error it doesn't give me any details.
6 REPLIES 6

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What are you backing up in the job? Is it a local backup or a remote backup? Go to the job log in job monitor and let us know the exact error message and error code in the final job status. Do also provide us the details of the OS, SP etc..

Tames_McTigue
Level 3
Thank you for responding.

It is a local backup of the entire server, and remote backup of an Exchange server. Like I mentioned, the full backups complete with no problem. But any differential job ends with:

Job Completion Status:
Job ended: Thursday, September 28, 2006 at 7:00:03 AM
Completed status: Canceled, timed out
Final error code: 00000000 HEX
Final error description:
Final error category: Others Errors

The server is running Windows Server 2003 with SP1Message was edited by:
Tames McTigue

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Please check for any Event IDs and let us know.

Also Are you using the same Selection List for both the jobs?

Thanks
Regards

Tames_McTigue
Level 3
It is just one job. The selection includes both servers. I put in the tags to show where I removed customer info.

EVENT # 102546
EVENT LOG Application
EVENT TYPE Error
SOURCE Backup Exec
EVENT ID 34114
COMPUTERNAME
TIME 9/30/2006 7:00:06 AM
MESSAGE Backup Exec Alert: Job Cancellation
(Server: "FILE") (Job: " - Differential Slot 7") The job was automatically canceled because it
exceeded the job's maximum configured
run time.
For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems the differential job times out at 7:00:06 AM. What time is it scheduled to run? Go to the job properties, priority and availalibility window. There check if you have enabled job auto cancellation. If not, the default period is 3 hours. Make sure that the job runs within that time, else you can increase this time interval.

Tames_McTigue
Level 3
It is set to start at 1:00:00 AM. Which is more than enough time when it works. When it does work, it takes a little over an hour. Every time it fails, it shows a Byte Count of 0, so it doesn't seem to even try.