cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual Mailbox restore

Icecold
Level 4
Is there a way to restore individual exchange mailboxes with 11D as there is with 10D?

I am upgrading today and ran a backup using 11D.  I got the error to upgrade the remote agent.  When I did the upgrade I did not have the exchange remote agent as an option just the "remote agent for windows servers" and "open file option".  I have input the liscense for the exchange remote agent during setup.

Before and after the backup I was not able to access individual mailboxes under the information store selection.

I am backing up to a TL2000 with LTO3's.
8 REPLIES 8

Icecold
Level 4
Got the agent loaded and can back up the information store but can not see individual mailboxes.  Backed it up to the Backup server local harddrive and still can not open it up.

Dahak
Level 3
Under Tools->Options-> MS Exchange, have you enabled the Restore Individual mailboxes from the Information Store, and if necessary, disabled the Legacy support?  The wording is not correct, but you should get the idea.

Also, if you look at your backup folder, you should see a sub-folder or two, with a number of .edb, log and other suffix files.  If not, then you need to enable individual restores as above from your main Console window.  Make sure your backup job(s) also have/has that box checked.

Icecold
Level 4
Will this work for Exchange 5.5?  Should I have the legacy box checked?

Dahak
Level 3
For Exchange 5.5 you do need the Legacy box checked, and you do not want the box for the Infomation Store Individual restores checked.  Then of course you have to select the mailboxes in the backup job selection under your exchange server.

Icecold
Level 4
I checked the legacy support but now when I try to get into the MS exchange mailboxes it asks for authentication and does not accept my login that works for everything else..

Icecold
Level 4
Bueller???

Icecold
Level 4
Still can not get this to work.  Have seen posts that say 11D will work with 5.5 and some that say it will not.  Has anyone gotten 11D to back up and restore individual 5.5 mailboxes???

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Please review the Software Compatibility List (SCL) for a list of what is supported with 11d.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/286600