cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of options and agents - how to?

JesperDK
Level 3

Hi there

I have some trouble adding my library expansion options and my exchange server agents as those have not given a license key from the licensing portal. Is this common? Have I misunderstood how to install these licenses? The only files I seem to be able to get out of licensing.symantec.com is .slf files which this forum tells me is only used prior to version 7 of backup exec.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

For issue with the licesing portal your shoudl probably speak to customer care on the phone.

Not sure about older versions of Backup Exec but traditionally .slf files related to products that were Symantec's before the Veritas merger and serial numbers/keycodes applied to Veritas products.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

For issue with the licesing portal your shoudl probably speak to customer care on the phone.

Not sure about older versions of Backup Exec but traditionally .slf files related to products that were Symantec's before the Veritas merger and serial numbers/keycodes applied to Veritas products.

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

I guess you are talking abouy Backup Exec.

If you do not have any license keys you have to ask.

You can always install the exchange agent in trial mode (60 days)

Regards,

JoaoMatos

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SLF license files are also used for Enterprise Vault. Maybe you also own this product?

But the best thing to do is to call Symantec, on the phone they can help you in a few minutes (done that several times).

JuergenRoth
Level 3

Hi,

i have my installation of Backup Exec 12.0 ugpgraded to 2010. So far so good.

My Servers asking now for a new Version of the remote agent.

But i have a Workstation with MS XP. I install there the Remote Agent (with new licence key!)

but i can't make a backup.

The job fails with the message: With this version of Backup Exec is a Access to the device not allowed. Securityfailure

"Auftrag beendet am Donnerstag, 30. September 2010 um 12:46:19
Abschlussstatus: Fehlgeschlagen
Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe000fe3c - Mit dieser Version von Backup Exec ist der Zugriff auf das Gerät nicht gestattet.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Sicherheitsfehler"

Whats wrong?

Juergen

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Juergen,

You need to open up a new forum topic around this...

Thanks!

JesperDK
Level 3

Thank you Collin. My issue was resolved by a very nice customer care agent who fixed the issue right away. It seems that the upgrade licenses had failed.

Thank you for all your time folks.