cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installationsprobleme EXEC 2010R2 W2k8 R2

jab2k11
Level 2

Hallo zusammen,

ich möchte Backup Exec 2010 R2 auf einen Windows 2008 R2 Server installieren.

Der Server ist auf dem aktuellen Patch-Stand und erfüllt die Vorraussetzungen.

Leider komme ich mit der Installation, beim Punkt des zentralen Administrationsservers, nicht weiter.

Hier gebe ich den Namen des Server an. Es erscheint eine Fehlermeldung die sagt:

Der Server Servername ist kein gültiger zentraler Administrationsserver!

Was mache ich falsch?

Vielen Dank für eure Hilfe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Unless you're running a CASO server, you don't need to put anything in. When you do the installation and it shows you your agents you want to license, make sure that the CASO option is not selected. It will then allow you to proceed with the installation.

If you DO run a CASO, rather install BE, and once it is completely installed, then join it to the CASO server.

I'd also recommend you download and install BE 2010 R3 rather as this is the newest version. Run LiveUpdate to install SP1 and the additional 4 patches that have been released since that.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Unless you're running a CASO server, you don't need to put anything in. When you do the installation and it shows you your agents you want to license, make sure that the CASO option is not selected. It will then allow you to proceed with the installation.

If you DO run a CASO, rather install BE, and once it is completely installed, then join it to the CASO server.

I'd also recommend you download and install BE 2010 R3 rather as this is the newest version. Run LiveUpdate to install SP1 and the additional 4 patches that have been released since that.

Thanks!

jab2k11
Level 2

Hi CraigV!

I've found the issue!

Thanks 4 Help!