cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is IDR possible with file-exceptions?

Cassiopeia
Level 2
Hi there,

as "krykino" posted my same issue over a year ago - without any answer - here again his/"our" problem/question:

i get the below error message (job status:completed with exeptions:(
Unable to open the item \\servername\C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee GroupShield\bin\eServices\eSZ5IGB3 - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\servername\C:\WINNT\system32\wins\j50.log - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\servername\C:\WINNT\system32\wins\wins.mdb - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\servername\C:\WINNT\system32\wins\winstmp.mdb - skipped.

Why the above files are skipped? Can the above files excluded? if can, how to get rid of them to make the job status to successful?

Can I create IDR with completed with exceptions?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!!!

BTW: as I understand the documentation of IDR, it says that it is not alowed to exclude any files for an IDR-backup. But on the other hand it is not possible as these files are in use.
So what?
Or is AOFO the only solution - or doesn't it help either.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I believe that skipped with exceptions is fine - it's only if you have a specific file exclusion that IDR files aren't created.

Cassiopeia
Level 2
But is it NOT ok to take the excluded files into an "exclude files from backup"-list for IDR?
So that I get rid of all the messages and do NOT have to check every filelist for a new excluded one?
Also: with this kind of setting now, I did not have a single "Backup OK" or so, cause on every backup is at least one server which has a file in use.