cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it right that HP C5713A is recognised as a Stand-alone drives?

kag_lim
Level 3
My HP SureStore DAT 40x6e autoloader (Product ID C5713A) is recognised as a stand-alone drives although it's an 6 tapes autoloader.

& I'm looking into how to set daily backups to individual tapes on the autoloader. Please help me in this.. Many thanks!

Reference to this posting "How to set each day's backup to an individual tape on HP C5713A?" <>, C5713A should be recognised as one of the robotic libraries.
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Backupexec supports one library with one tape drive with the base serial, but you must select Autoloader Support at install time as one of the options. Did you do that?

kag_lim
Level 3
I think you are refering to the Local Options during installation where there's this option, under Backup Exec for Windows Servers, Enable Robotic Library Support. Yes, this was selected.

Too bad I cant post my printscreen here. My Devices tab look something like this: where HP 1 is C5713A.

StorageDevices
|+Device Pools
|-BACKUP SVR
|--Stand-alone Drivers
| |--- HP 1
|--Robotic Libraries
|--Backup-to-Disk Folders
|--Removable Backup-to-Disk Devices
|--Cascaded Drive Pools

Ricky_Lee_2
Level 4
I can't remember what exact steps to do it but I remember there has an option to assign a drive to the library.

I experienced once that the physical backup drive did not automatically assigned to the tape library. I need to select something like 'Properties' of the library and then click the backup drive for use with the library.

Hope this help.
Ricky

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technotes and install the latest drivers and verify the results.

Title:
An autoloader drive appears incorrectly under standalone drives, and a device reported as "Unknown Drive - Disabled" is displayed under Changers on the Devices tab of the Backup Exec for Windows Servers interface.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/235252

Title:
How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library or Tape Drive in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

Drivers:
VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0.5520 - Device Driver Installer (20050815) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20050115) and Robotic Library Release (47) (Intel Only)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278408

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

kag_lim
Level 3
Thanks Amruta

How do we find out the current Device Driver version on our Backup Exec? Need to find out whether existing version is already updated as the process involved some downtime. Thanks for your help!

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Kag,

To check the version of Veritas device drivers, right click on My Computer - Manage - Device Manager - Tape Drives - double click on the tape drive to go to its properties - click on Drivers tab

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.