cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Engine Service Stopping

ScottLangshaw
Level 2

Hi All,

We currently have a Backup Exec 2014 server running on a windows server 2008 server.

Over the past week the Backup Exec Job Engine service keeps stopping as soon as our evening backups start, its not every night.

After checking the event logs i can see where the service stops see below the logs:

A process crash has been detected.

Faulting application: bengine.exe 14.1.1786.1103
Faulting module: ntdll.dll 6.0.6002.18541
Fault offset 0x3dd6d
Exception code 0xc0000005.

Faulting application bengine.exe, version 14.1.1786.1103, time stamp 0x54d5054d, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18541, time stamp 0x4ec3e3d5, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003dd6d, process id 0x1304, application start time 0x01d25035cd48440a

I cant seem to find anything on this specfic error but if anyone can help i would be very much appreciated.

Scott

5 REPLIES 5

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Can you determine if it's backing up something when the crash occurs? Try splitting the job so that the resources backup at different times. If it's a specific resource (Machine X) then determine if it's happening during the drive backup or system state.

It is literally as soon as the backups start so for example our backups are set to start at 18:00pm and it stops within seconds of the job starts so i dont think the jobs even gets chance to start.

Ive read tonight that repariing the install and also repairing the BEBD could help do you think this is worth doing?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It may not help with your condition, however, it looks like there is a slighly newer version of the Job Engine (bengine.exe) file available in the latest Hotfix - might be worth a try

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000116467

Thank you Colin,

I will install this and see if it helps the issue

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If that doesn't work we can review it in a formal support case to see if the faulting process matches something we are aware of, however as BE 2014 is 2 versions out of date, if it is something new - you may need to go to one of the newer BE versions to see if still an issue.