cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Queues toward end of job

cwest311
Not applicable

I would just like to to say thanks in advance for any help that I can get. I am running 11d on a Win 2K3 server. My backups have been fine untill two weeks ago. For some reason or another; my job queues toward the end of the job and says that I need to insert overwritable media. The catch is that I have formatted the tapes and set overwrite protection to none. The job is about 70 gig and I'm using 160 gig tapes. I've tried creating a new media set reinstalling the tape drivers.... nothing seems to work!! I have another tape drive in the same server and it backs up fine with the job that it is set to backup. The job size is about the same. Can some PLEASE help me out on this. I'm losing my mind!!!

-Chris

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Sounds like the tape is filling up.  What kind of tape drive and what kind of media are you useing? 

Also, remember that 2:1 compression is marketing hype, not engineering promise.   In most real world scenarios, you will not approach 2:1.  I normally figure around 1.2-1.3:1 until a specific job has run several times and I can get an average for that job

See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/199542.htm