cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job failed with following error: A hardware error occurred.

PoohZai
Level 4

hi,

I'm not sure why below error occurred since i'm backup it to local disk and other jobs which also backup from same server and to same dedup folder are successful. Only 2 jobs suddenly failed with error below.

I dropped the job then recreated also same and this only happen for 2 of 5 jobs (backup from same folder to same dedup folder)

any idea? 

13 REPLIES 13

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are using software encryption in your job, turn it off.  See this document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130444

PoohZai
Level 4

hi pkh thanks for reply,

for the policy option on Setting-> Network and Security -> security: Encrytion type = none

do you mean this?

thanks in advance.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.

PoohZai
Level 4

hi,

Thanks again. but the option is already with "none" all the time.

any idea?

thanks in advance

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If this document is relevant, then apply the hotfix mentioned in the document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166411

PoohZai
Level 4

hi,

but my version already is 2010 r3 sp1 with hotfix 171073. Still can install 159965?

159956 should be included in 171073, am i right?

thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No need to install it if it was released prior to a service pack, or superceded by a newer version of a patch!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

HF 159965 is included in SP1, but not in HF 171073 .  If you have installed SP1, then you are o.k.  If not, run LU to update to SP1.

PoohZai
Level 4

hi pkh,

Yes. my version already is SP1.

PoohZai
Level 4

any idea???

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can edit your previous comment...no need to post immediately after posting a response.

The forums are on a best-effort basis. People work and trawl through the forums when they can, so give it a chance :)

Thanks!

dedupe-works
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Check your ADAMM.LOG under \Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs for device related errors.

This is an appended log so the newest stuff will be at the bottom.

Speeder
Level 3

I get this same exect error (0x17) from Client-Side Dedupe. It just starts on it's own. Switching to Media-Server side dedupe resolves it. (Using PureDisk OST, not a deduplication folder). It's possibly a resource issue on the client (since restarting PureDisk or MS does not fix it), but I havn't spent much time troubleshooting.