cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job queued...

Gerod_Hall
Level 3
Here's my situation...

I am running Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 rev 5520 on a Windows machineI have 5 external hard drives that I am wanting to use for backups each night of the week (i.e. one for Monday, one for Tuesday, etc...). I have been able to get jobs to complete successfully using this method, but the last several mornings that I have come in, the job says it's queued and has been running for 15 hours. Normally, it's taken 3 hours to complete, but this isn't even starting, it's just queued.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

Ted_Politza
Level 3
I know we had a similar problem. We found out that our backup device was "kicked" offline and therefore the job was queued. We got it back online and then had to stop and start all of the BE services..This worked for us. TED

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Are you backing up any databases?

- Is it a remote backup?

- Do you receive any events in the eventlogs?

- Do you receive any alerts?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Gerod_Hall
Level 3
I'm backing up an entire network...45 GB worth of data. It's all remote, some Netware, some Windows. There is nothing in the event log...it simply says the job is queued. When I cancel the job, I get an alert saying the job has been cancelled...that's it!

Thanks,

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Gerod!

Have you tried firing the backup on B2d / Tape. Also try breaking up your original backup into smaller ones and running them either on B2D or Tape.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Gerod_Hall
Level 3
It ran perfectly over the weekend...nothing different except a different external hard drive. I have 5 of the same hard drives...backup also queued using this drive last week.

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Gerod!

Are You backing up Netware Servers and windows servers in a single job ?

Backup throughput, When backing up a NetWare Server running the Backup Exec for NetWare agent, depends solely on the Novell SPX communication
layer when moving information across the LAN or WAN to the backup server.

Also refer to following technote in this context.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192289.htm

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.