cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs queueing after switching between USB hard drives

Travis_Cook
Level 2
I am having a problem with a customer of mine where in both be 8 and be 9 his jobs are queueing instead of running after he switches his USB hard drives on friday. He used to be able to reenable the hard drives in the device tab of veritas and it would work monday through thursday after he did that, but never friday. Now, all his jobs queue and he can't get any of them to run. If anyone has any ideas on this, and help would be appreciated. I am using 160 GB LaCie USB hard drives on USB 2.0 cards in both of his servers. One server is running w2003 server and backup exec 9.1. The other one is runnign w2k sbs and be 8 for sbs. Once again, any help would be very appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

With Backup Exec v9.1, you can create removable backup to disk folders to take backup on USB hard drives. Please refer to the following technote:

How to create a Backup-to-Disk folder in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 and configure a Backup-to-Disk job
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266377

Regarding Backup Exec v8.x, please open a new forum post in Backup Exec v8.x unmoderated forum.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Travis_Cook
Level 2
That is how my backups are setup on the servers. I have removable backup to disk folders set up for 9.1. I thank you for the reply, however. If anyone else has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try recreating the removable Backup to disk folders and then observe the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.