cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit in amout of files/directory

dlarouche
Level 3
Is there any limit in amount of files or directory within a specific directory? Currently using version 8.6 on a server, when i browser the restore list i don't all its content. It look like others directories and files are ignored within a specific directory when a certain amont of files has been reached. Is it possible?

If this is a limit in older version of backup exec, does it remain the same for the 10.0 ?

Danny
6 REPLIES 6

Ricky_Lee_2
Level 4
Is there anything shown in the job log of igonring folders/files?

dlarouche
Level 3
No, everything look fine. If it was not a so huge drectory i would try restore it somewhere to see if effectively restore all files or only thoses appearing in the catalog

Ricky_Lee_2
Level 4
Is it happen on one of your tapes?
I am using version 8.6, 9.0 and 9.1 but did not hit your problem so far.
Can you restart your Backup Exec services to have a try?
See figure 6 of the doc may help
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254826.htm

dlarouche
Level 3
Backup medias are stored on disk never on tapes. And the problem occure with any media (bkf files). The directory that give this problem contain:

- 2200 Directories
- 40,000 subdirectories
A lot of files that totalize over 4GB of data

In the catalog, i nearly see 75% of the 2200 directories and their subdirectories.

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
There is no such limitation on amount of files/directory to be backed up within a specific directory. BEWS can perform the backup as per directory/file structure you have on OS.

We suggetst you to perform a catalog operation, prior to perform restore job; observe the result.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas