LiveUpdate fails

Hello.

As usual, the LiveUpdate does not work. I've spent many hours trying to download various hotfixes

referenced on these webpages manually, but I usually get an error because they are already installed.

 

I have Windows Server 2008 R2 and BE 2013 R3 (version 13, rev 5204, 64-bit).

Can someone please, please help me me find out how to make LiveUpdate work?

 

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Hello glum,   Please refer to

Hello glum,

  Please refer to the following technote which looks similar. Follow the solution given in the technote but instead of deleting the folder try the RENAME option.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188709

 

Regards,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi,   Well...what error are

Hi,

 

Well...what error are you receiving?

Thanks!

At the moment I'm getting the

At the moment I'm getting the following:
 
The following updates have been found:
> Symantec Backup Exec (TM) 2010 R3,  237313.6 KB 
Total Download 237313.6 KB 
 
Downloading Symantec Backup Exec (TM) 2010 R3 (1 of 1), complete.
 
Installing Symantec Backup Exec (TM) 2010 R3 (1 of 1), failed.
LU1812: A program that was part of this update failed when it ran.  This update was not applied.
 
Installation failed, error summary...
LU1806: LiveUpdate downloaded all of the updates you requested, but all of them failed to install.  Please try to get the updates at a later time.
 
LiveUpdate session is complete.
 
 
I have installed http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH168343 to no avail.

SP1 is 2 service packs

SP1 is 2 service packs back...download and install SP3 and then try LiveUpdate again:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH208601

Thanks!

 

Error 1328: Error applying

Error 1328: Error applying patch to file C:\config.msi\ptf67f.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor.

I might have installed it earlier in my desperate attempt to find patches to fix this.

 

...tried to find a TN around

...tried to find a TN around this, but they all seem to point to contacting Symantec directly to get this particular error resolved...

Thanks!

Ah, so their product is

Ah, so their product is broken, and I need to buy a new support license in order to make it work. Thank you for your efforts.

Accepted Solution!

Hello glum,   Please refer to

Hello glum,

  Please refer to the following technote which looks similar. Follow the solution given in the technote but instead of deleting the folder try the RENAME option.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188709

 

Regards,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

No...not necessarily. It

No...not necessarily. It could be that during some installation that was being done, it was corrupted, and any follow-up installations will fail until that corruption is cleared up. 

I've had Windows and Office do something similar, so this isn't a Symantec thing.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Praise Jeebus and thank you

Praise Jeebus and thank you Sush and CraigV! Renaming that folder in Sush's post actually helped.

I stumbled upon that article earlier, but after checking "Show hidden files and folders" in
Windows, it didn't show up, so I thought it wasn't relevant for my system. It turns out that
you must also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" in order to see it.