cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Media message...

dougdude9
Level 3
ARGH!!!  I can't seem to get this Backup Exec to work.  If I'm not getting Loading Media when I arrive at working int he morning, then the backup is still going because it takes forever to backup exchange, or it says it can't backup exchange because it is not provided by the product. 

Anyway, today I had the Loading Media message again.  I can't seem to figure out what causes this.  It is not the tape as I have tried new tapes.  Any ideas what could be causing "Loading Media?"

Thanks,
Doug
4 REPLIES 4

D_Tech_Info
Level 2
check you settings for tape; overwrite protection etc. also try to catalog each tape and label them so the media is recognized.

Max

bthomas311
Level 3
Try this, worked for me.

For your throughput problems try changing your compression. If its to a tape drive, make sure the compresson is set to hardware, if disk-to-disk set the compression to software.

Message Edited by bthomas311 on 08-21-200708:47 AM

dougdude9
Level 3
Thanks for the replies!  I will definitely try the suggestions as I had the message again this morning.  Craziness!

dougdude9
Level 3
I have done a catalog and have also labeled the media something different.  I then added it to my media set from scratch media. 

I saw compression is checked.  How do I change it to hardware?

Thanks,
Doug