cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Account Selection - "Access Denied"

Liam_Gray
Not applicable
I have just setup a new Exchange server (Enterprise Edition) running on a Windows 2003 Server + SP1.

I installed Backup Exec 10.0 and started setting up a backup job to do brick-level backup of the mailboxes.When I try and select the "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" it pops up a window "Logon Account Selection" asking me to prvoide an account with the correct permissions. I can perform a backup of everything else (Information Store, etc) but I can't select the Mailboxes or Public folders.

I have tried to use the local admin account as well as the domain admin account to no avail. I have tried creating new accounts through the account manager but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas would be much apprecaited.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
In order to do a bricklevel backup of the exchange server you need to give the BE account the following rights:
1.Domain admin rights
2.Exchange full admin rights.
3.The first five characters in the account name have to be unique.
4.The account should have an active mailbox.
5. The user should be visible in the GAL.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.