cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon and Services logon accounts

prs246191
Level 5

So I am having a little bit of a hard time grasping what the difference is between logon accounts (under the network menu in BE) and the services logon accounts.  If you change the credentials in the Logon account through BE I don't believe that it changes the the services log on.  Should the logon account and the services log on accounts use the same credentials?  Also in the log on accounts why does it specify Username and owner.  In my case the username and the owner are 2 different accounts?  Why?  I think I notice that you have to log onto BE with the owner account, for example, the logon window that comes up when you try to open BE when the BE services are stopped.  Also if you choose to make the logon account restricted does that just make you have creditials to edit that particular logon account?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Normally, for ease of maintenance, the BELA is the same as the BESA.  However, they can be different.  You can have one domain admin account as the BESA and another for the BELA.

The owership of the BELA is because you can logon to the media server as another account, say User1 who is a non-admin account and then log into BE with UserB who is a domain admin account.  When you do do this, BE will remember that UserB is used (owned) by UserA.

When you make an account a restricted one, another user will not be able to modify jobs, etc. that are created by the restricted account without knowing the account password.

The Admin Guide which can be found in the BE installation directory does cover all these is great detail.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Normally, for ease of maintenance, the BELA is the same as the BESA.  However, they can be different.  You can have one domain admin account as the BESA and another for the BELA.

The owership of the BELA is because you can logon to the media server as another account, say User1 who is a non-admin account and then log into BE with UserB who is a domain admin account.  When you do do this, BE will remember that UserB is used (owned) by UserA.

When you make an account a restricted one, another user will not be able to modify jobs, etc. that are created by the restricted account without knowing the account password.

The Admin Guide which can be found in the BE installation directory does cover all these is great detail.