cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low tape warning?

gluscici
Level 2
Hey folks,

Does anyone know if there's a way to configure BE to notify me when there's only a certain amount of free tape left in the library? I've got a couple of off-site libraries that I'd like to never hear from unless there's a problem, but for it to notify me only once a job has failed because there are no free tapes left is not a good solution. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Ivan.
3 REPLIES 3

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

You can use the MEDIA SETS report to find out the amount of data written on each media inside a media set. You will have to run the report manually if you do not have APPO option.

If you have APPO option then you can use the features available for scheduling the report to run at a specifed time and notify the recipient. Then you can print the job log in order to get the results.

We hope this will help.

gluscici
Level 2
Awesome - thanks for your help!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Be aware that this won't be much help if you use Hardware Compression, since that takes place after the data leaves the control of BackupExec

With today's Server and Tape hardware, Software Compression will result in negligable differences in run times, and the Media Set report will be accurate.