cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and Backup Exec 11d 7170 w/SP2 and all hotfixes up to 39...

Kingsley_Mok
Level 5
<<Production Servers>>

Two servers:  Backend and Frontend

Both OS:  Windows Server 2003 with SP1

Frontend:  MOSS 2007

Backend:  SQL 2005 w/SP2

<<TEST Server>>
Same as above except it is all the software are on one server.  There is no Backend and Frontend Server.

** both Production and Test servers do not have AOFO agent installed on them and the option for AOFO was enabled with "Automatically select open file technology" chosen and "Process logical volumes for backup one at a time" enabled.

Prior to SP2, everything on Sharepoint was fine. 

AFTER installing SP2 for BE v11, we are finding issues already.  One of the issue is with Sharepoint 2007.

On our TEST Server, we can backup the Microsoft Sharepoint Server Farms with no issue.  Throughput is good averaging at 640mb/min.

HOWEVER, on our Production server, we cannot backup the farms with AOFO option enabled.  Disabling the AOFO option will work but the throughput is terrible... averaging 40mb/min.

Remember, the Software and configurations are the same between TEST and PRODUCTION server.  The only difference is TEST does not have Frontend & Backend.  The SQL 2005 and MOSS 2007 are all on the same machine.  The Production has a Backend (SQL 2005) and Frontend (MOSS 2007).  That's the ONLY difference!

Any ideas?  I've ran lots of tests and trying out all the settings, and nothing.

I've even manually uninstalled the BE Remote agents and manually installed them myself...and STILL NOTHING.

Message Edited by Kingsley Mok on 03-27-2008 11:15 AM
0 REPLIES 0